Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halversome cliffs

My latest illustration project is a scene from the upcomming novel, Fire of Falraan. If I can get this where I am really happy with it, it may become the cover. For right now, I am just exploring the visual.



In this scene, it is a misty dawn and a young Falraan is distraught over the death of her mother. She has run to the edge of the water channel that divides Halversome's north and south halves. In an outpouring of her emotions, she vaporizes the water plume. I have no visual reference for a plume of falling water instantly converting to steam and vapor in the manner of Falraan's gift of fire.

This is a work in progress while I explore the vision in my head. I hope the words I have written of this scene will conjure a unique and vivid image to each reader.

minor update:

No comments:

Post a Comment