Monday, February 11, 2013

City of Thunder due end of February

I have just sent for my proof copies and I expect no major issues. City of Thunder final edits went much better than The Final Warden (I still have some things I want to clean up in there, perhaps for an omnibus edition). Here is the current cover, I will be adding a few more details to it, mostly to break up the hard lines of the background, but I need to see how the final image appears with the book in my hands to get the lighting right. I had to brighten up the art for The Final Warden a lot, so here you see things very bright which I expect to show up much darker on the actual cover.

For a little spoiler, here's the blurb from the back:

Lorace’s godstone has been forged into a weapon of destiny, the mysterious Chain of Vengeance, and the elves and dwarves have been roused to honor the Guardian’s Pact.
He has unlocked his past, but in doing so he has raised more questions about his future. The Old Gods orchestrated the darkest tragedy of his childhood, but to what ends? His brothers are still alive and guiding him with the aid of Lord Aran, but toward what destiny?

The Devourer has dispatched the gifted sorceress Scythe to destroy the Final Warden and the Lord of Nefryt has brought his entire demon host to Vorallon to defend his crown. All are on course to collide before the walls of Halversome, the City of Thunder.

1 comment:

  1. Love the twists and turns this book took. Looking forward to the next one in the series.

    ReplyDelete